November 6, 2010

We have been brought to our knees.

How to say thank you?
The support that people have offered has been amazing.
There have been over 15 people who have posted about Mason, our family & the fundraiser.
There have been probably over 100 tweets about it.
I have received a couple dozen emails,
and we have received donations.
Amazing.
God is so good.

For those of you who are new to this Blog.
Our lives are not normal,
I am not positive all the time & I write about the negative often.
Not much has gotten better, but much has gotten worse in the last 6 months.
We have had appointments lately that have been incredibly hard.
We have been told that some things that have been in our nightmares are true.
The last several months have all been about waiting & our new reality.

And we are still waiting. 
Waiting for Genetics to come back & tell me if Mason has 
Smith-Magenis Syndrome or something else.
Waiting for the rest of our latest Autism Assessment which now happens on Tuesday.
Waiting to know what is really happening with our Son...
what can we expect our future to be.

It has been a month or so of reflection for me.
What would our life have been...
What should I do with it now.
See I am planner.

I need plans, organizations & to know what is coming.
God has taken us down a path that is not always easy.
It can cause lots of anxiety & lots of hurt.
But I do love my life.
I don't know what I would do if my life was different.
It would be very empty, I would be very lost.

My life is not something to pity.
I am not a hero.
I am a Mom of three boys.
And yes one of them has special needs.
But I am no hero.
I am a Mom doing what has to be done to care for my children.
That is all.
I yell far too often & I get angry with our situation.
Sometimes I feel like giving up.
But how could I?
This is my life & I wouldn't change it...too much.

This fundraiser for Mason means so much to our family.
We have felt alone in our fight for Mason.
Most have left us alone.
 Those who haven't we cherish a lot more.

I never believed that when I starting Blogging that people would read.
I never thought what it could do for me.
I never thought that of what it could do for our family.
I just needed to write.

For everything it has done for us I need to thank you.
It has brought us to our knees...
we have been shaken down to our core with shock & emotion.
It's just such a blessing.
So thank you.

Next week we will be spending a very large sum of money on Mason's test & some supplies.
Thank you to all of you who have had the capabilities to donate & have.
We understand that not everyone can help financially & would never want you to feel that you have to.
All the support we have received no matter the form is more than we had imagined.

I have met some beautiful people this past week & hope to meet more as the fundraiser continues. 
Don't be afraid to leave comments or email us.
It has been amazing to read your supportive words.

Alison from aPearantlySew left this verse on her post about Mason it really hit me hard so I share it with you.

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me"
Matthew 25:35-40 

God bless you.
May he keep your family healthy & happy.

The Sears Fam

Links to some of the people who have posted on our behalf:
(if you have posted & are not on this list please let me know)


http://twitter.com/#!/mamasitamica


And there are many more to come!

6 comments:

  1. I love you! You & your family are always in my thoughts and I am so glad you have such a wonderful support around you. xxoo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, I also talked about Mason on my blog and gave the links to the Etsy site for people to help with the fundraiser. I didn't use names and specific info or link to your site because I had not gotten permission to do so. It is in the midst of a rambling post, but there :o)

    So you can add another person to your list. I am praying for my southern friends to spend hundreds for Christmas on tutus and bows and to make you guys so blessed your socks are blown totally off!!

    Blessings and prayers to you friend!

    Jess and Madison
    http://jessthemomtolots.blogspot.com/2010/11/praise-godand-little-devine.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you. just thought you should know that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying you get some answers for Mason. I know how difficult it is not being able to get a final diagnosis. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that is g-tube fed. The doctors cannot figure out why she will not eat. She has had test after test and the doctors claim they have never seen anyone like her. We are currently getting a 3rd opinion and praying we get some answers. Allie has every ability to eat but refuses. Like Mason, Allie also has sensory issues and is enrolled in occupational therapy to help her with those. She also receives speech therapy for her significant speech delay and oral eating skills. In addition, she receives mental health therapy for her medical trauma that has changed her personality and behavior. You can check out her blog at: http://alliesabnormalappetite.blogspot.com/
    Hang in there and we will be praying for Mason. He sounds like an amazing little boy and you are a fantastic mom!!!
    Take care - Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana, no, you are not a hero. You are a MOM and that is better then any hero!! Much love and prayers being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Devan- You have always been one of those great supports. I love you!

    Jess & Madison- Thank you so much for posting & letting me know. Thank you for your blessings & prayer. I have read about Madison as well-Praying.

    Jill- I love you. #thatisall

    Jodi- Sounds like you know what we are going through. I am so sorry that you to have to deal with all the tubes & therapies. We are still waiting for therapy. If we dont pay for them they aren't going to happen. Really sad.

    Lisa- AGREED! Thank you for your support & prayers.

    ReplyDelete