February 6, 2010

HERE FISHY FISHY...

FISH OIL DOES GOOD

So we have been having some "Behaviour" issues with Mason.
We knew that he has some Sensory Intregration issues...
But EVERYTHING just came to a halt with development.
All of a sudden, Mason is quite developmentally delayed in several areas.
Many "Theory's" have been used...
Autism WAS one of them.
Nick and I started working on the "items" Mason wasn't doing...Socially.
He wasn't quite getting it...
We got really scared, is it A?
We were all doing research on Sensory Issues...
My Mother-in-Law stumbled across a website on Autism...
Autism and Sensory Integration Disorder are quite commonly found to coincide.
D found that Fish Oil is quite commonly used in Autism and other Syndromes...
I didn't really think it was going to help...
I didn't read much about it to be honest.
But we have been desperate to get Mason to reach back...
To engage in conversation that wasn't just the same O.C. question.
To see him smile again...
Stop the screaming...
Stop the physical violence to us and himself.
So of course we tried it...
We bought the best known Fish oil with the highest concentrate of Goodness.
It's not all that expensive either!
We saw a change within Mason...
About four days after starting the fish oil, he was looking at me.
He started to copy my sounds, and then my words.
Mason has at least doubled in his Vocabulary in the last two weeks.
He has also been a lot more calm...
He has stop physically abusing himself.
The 20+ tantrums have gone to about 5 a day.
I am no longer having to put him "away" out of "harms" way.
He is sitting in the naughty corner, able to calm himself down.
Three weeks ago, I thought we were in for the long haul.
I thought I was loosing my sweet boy.
Fish Oil has HELPED my SON!
LOL
it sounds funny when I say it
But it has truly made a difference.
I never thought about the fact that it is SO important for Babies to get fats...
Mason was deprived of proper Nutrition for so long and in the most important year.
It is no wonder that his brain was starving...
Its of NO wonder that his brain is feeling full for the first time.
Just like his tummy felt full for the first time in Feb, 2009! When he got his Tubie.
I just wanted to share...
Share our NEW Mason and Our New Josh!
The NEW peace in our house.
There are still issues at hand with Joshua and Mason...
But we are so happy with the progress in such a short time.
I was able to read not 1 BUT 4 books before bed tonight with all three boys at the same time...
1 book before Fish oil didn't happen.
We are also giving Josh fish oil and believe it has helped him to calm down a little!
Josh never talked to me before, I tried to get him to tell me what he was thinking...
ANYTHING would have been great.
Josh is now having conversations with me...

Josh, "Mommy, I am thinking..."
Mommy, "What are you thinking about?"
Josh, "Ummm...the playground...going down the slide."

I know that Fish Oil isn't the answer to everything...
But for now it is working for many things.
Who knew...Fish Oil?
My Grandmother told me we should give it to the boys quite sometime ago.
But I didn't hunt down a Fish Oil that Josh would take.
I didn't see the "Value" in Fish Oil.
Just another thing of the Past...
More Valuable then we thought,
Fish Oil.

SARA & BABY B

Baby Bronson has been on my mind all last night and all day today.
I actually couldn't sleep last night.
I have been checking Hourly for updates...
Praying...Praying...Praying
For Baby B.
Join me in Praying for this Family and for Baby B.
I know that thousands of people Pray for Mason and our Family.
I am praying tonight that there are thousands to pray for Baby Bronson.
They are in my heart...
Check their Blog for the updates...
http://www.stakerzxposed.blogspot.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment